Ride Notes

Strava Link

Temperature averaged 32 degrees, getting down to 30 for the second half of the ride. Not much wind. Average speed of 17.2mph.

Gear notes:

  • Icebreaker thin merino balaclava
    • Worked great. Kept it mostly on my ears and it kept my ears from freezing.
  • 45NRTH Naughtvind jacket
    • Worked great. Kept the wind off me.
  • 45NRTH Naughtvind bibs
    • My legs were a little cold, but not terribly so. Would have been a problem if I were still, but fine for an hour of hard riding
  • Lake mtb shoes with neoprene booties
    • Feet felt great the whole ride.
  • Long sleeve 250 weight merino shirt + cat jersey
    • May have been a bit too heavy, I was quite sweaty but warm for most of the ride
  • Fuji Jari with Riddler/Resolute tires
    • I love this setup. I pumped it up to ~35psi front and rear, as the ride was mostly on pavement. It handled the dirt and gravel sections with confidence and speed. I managed to get a brake check in, too, and the Resolute skids out before the Riddler, which kept me from crashing. Pedestrians...
  • Handup cold gloves
    • I was surprised at how well these worked. Their summerweight gloves are fantastic down to about 50 degrees, and I've got heavier gloves that aren't as comfortable. Looking forward to their extra cold gloves that they just released -- if I can have Handup's grippy performance down to 10 degrees I'll be thrilled

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jamis Bike Comparison: Coda vs Sequel vs Renegade

Lezyne Mega XL GPS vs Wahoo Elemnt Bolt

Drop Bar Conversions