Drop Bars on the Snow Pt II

Did another ride with the Mukluk on the snow, with drop bars.

Glorious Drops
 A friend and I rode on North Table Mountain, in Golden, Colorado. It was great. The temperature was around 37 degrees, and it was way too warm for the clothing I had. I ended up just wearing a base layer and my leggings and still being a bit too warm.

I didn't feel like the drop bars hindered my snow performance much. I was able to wrangle the front tire effectively, and I didn't have any harder of a time getting traction than I did with the flat bars. 
pleased with snow rides
 Snow conditions ranged from hard packed snow to 4-6" of fresh powder. Since it was around 37 degrees, the snow was starting to get wet, heavy, and melty. It packed into my cleats and pedals and froze, making riding kind of annoying. By the end of the ride, I couldn't clip in on my right foot at all, which made it quite annoying to descend the fire road and get off the trail.


There's something incredibly fun about crunching through deep snow. I had more fun chugging through snow than I can remember. About the only terrain I couldn't navigate was when the snow was so deep that my pedals were digging into the snow too!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jamis Bike Comparison: Coda vs Sequel vs Renegade

Lezyne Mega XL GPS vs Wahoo Elemnt Bolt

Drop Bar Conversions