Vittoria Terreno 2.25 Review

I'm seriously impressed with these.

They're 2.25", come in a sexy tanwall, and have a very low rolling resistance. They're relatively light for a 2.25" tire, weighing in at 650g. Compare that to the WTB Riddler 45, a half inch smaller and a meager 90g lighter. They feel very fast, but also comfortable on mountain bike trails and fire roads.

You might consider the Teravail Sparwood or Maxxis Ikon as a competitor here. The Sparwood has more knobs and likely more rolling resistance, and only weighs 10g more at 660g. The Ikon in 2.2 weighs between 625g and 690g, depending on the exact compound you get, and has even more knob (and rolling resistance) than the Sparwood.

I've only put ~170 miles on them, but I like them better on pavement than the WTB Riddler and Resolute combo I have on my other wheels - the rolling resistance is fantastic, and the side knobs do the job just fine. I lose a bit of traction when doing steep climbs on loose terrain, and the weight penalty kind of sucks compared to the smaller gravel tires, but I think I'll be preferring these for almost all gravel riding I do from now on.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jamis Bike Comparison: Coda vs Sequel vs Renegade

Lezyne Mega XL GPS vs Wahoo Elemnt Bolt

Drop Bar Conversions